4 main tips for taking great photographs with no lighting equipment
There are a few things you can do to take good photographs with a DSLR camera and no lighting equipment.
- Use natural light. Natural light is the best light for photography, so try to shoot your photos in the shade or on a cloudy day. If you’re shooting indoors, open the curtains or blinds to let in as much natural light as possible.
- Use a reflector. A reflector is a great way to bounce light back onto your subject and fill in shadows. You can make your own reflector out of a piece of white cardboard or foam board.
- Use a tripod. A tripod will help to keep your camera steady, which is important for avoiding blurry photos. If you don’t have a tripod, you can use a wall or other sturdy object to brace your camera.
- Experiment with different settings. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different settings on your camera to see what works best for different situations. The exposure triangle (aperture, shutter speed, and ISO) is a good place to start.
3 additional Tips
Here are some additional tips for taking good photographs with a DSLR camera and no lighting equipment:
- Pay attention to composition. The composition of your photo is just as important as the lighting. Take some time to think about how you want to arrange your subject and the background.
- Use a wide-angle lens. A wide-angle lens will help you to capture more of your subject in the frame. This is a good choice for landscapes and group shots.
- Shoot in RAW. Shooting in RAW gives you more control over the final image. You can adjust the exposure, white balance, and other settings in post-processing.
Need us to come in with lighting equipment? Contact us today!